Sunday, September 27, 2009

This is Getting Rediculous!




This last week was pretty exciting. Tuesday before last, Steve went in and got a flu vaccination to give him the most protection possible for the winter season, but it backfired on him. On Wednesday night, Steve caught a fever of about 100.8, and so was taken to the hospital for a quick checkup and some recreational blood tests. Turns out the fever abated practically the moment doctors started looking at him, so no harm done, except for Mom and Steve losing a lot of sleep.

On Friday, Steve went ahead and shaved his hair off (what was left of it), and so, in the spirit of keeping promises, I went ahead and shaved my head, too. An old friend, Zac Carter came along to join in and help out with the process, so after a hot Saturday afternoon, and two electric razors later (One couldn't cut through my hair), we've joined Nate in going Chrome. Now that it's all
said and done, I feel like a freshman caught by a group of seniors in high school. Somethings are great,
like the feel of the wind on my scalp, and soft aloes evaporating off my skull. However, the stubble on my cap is like velcro, and putting on shirts are a life and death struggle in the morning. I can almost light matches in one swipe.

Finally, we would like to express another thank you to the great visitors we've received, and great dinners provided by friends and family. We're so very grateful for the support and love we are getting. Thanks for keeping Steve healthy
and happy!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Elder Steve,

    Glad you got a flu shot but, sorry about the reaction. Sounds like your immune system is responding well for the fever to abate so quickly.
    Good work !!!!

    You have such a great family and friends to support you ! You are one lucky chappy !!!!

    Everyone on this end is fine and we continue to keep you in our prayers,

    love from all the Masons,
    Laurel Mason

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice velcro heads. :) let me know if you guys need a straight edge razor to get it closer ha ha...because you like it so much right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elder Evans! I am so glad to know of a place to go to to find out how you are doing. Sister Farnsworth told me about this blog. We hadn't heard much more than that you have leukemia, and nobody could tell us much more, and we have been so worried about you. Our son came home from his mission after 20 months with cancer, too. Did you remember that? There were many times it looked hopeless, but he is doing so, SO well. Just hang in there. Sounds like you are being very positive. That will help you so much. You were one of our most favorite missionaries. We think about you often, and we've been praying for you everyday. Hey! Get better and you can come back to NY and show me your REAL stuff digging up rocks! :) We love you!!! Brother & Sister Hein

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet that you guys shaved your heads with him. I hope Steve is doing well! Please tell him I say Hi. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
    - Lizzie (Hinckley) Davis
    (www.jtandlizziedavis.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elder Steve,
    My prayers are with you that you'll get better and be cancer free soon. Keep your head up, your Heavenly Father loves you.

    ReplyDelete